Citrus Turkey and Veggie Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast meat cubed
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped eggplant
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add turkey and cook until almost done.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, and eggplant; cook, stirring often until veggies are tender and turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in lemon zest, lime zest, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 193 Calories; 4g Fat; 29g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 534mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!