Apple Dijon Pork Cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cutlets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice divided
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/8 teaspoon low sodium vegetable broth Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cutlets and brown on both sides; transfer to a baking dish. Brush Dijon mustard into both sides of cutlets then season with the garlic and half of the allspice.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining allspice, diced apple, and vegetable broth; arrange mixture on the bottom of the dish, around the cutlets; cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake until pork is cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless chicken breast meat for pork tenderloin. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure mustard and broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 225 Calories; 9g Fat; 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 92mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!