Veggie Rigatoni with Cheese
- 12 ounces Rigatoni pasta cooked al dente and drained
- 15 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed and well-drained, 10-oz.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 26 ounces tomato sauce divided
- 3 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare pasta.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine prepared pasta, cottage cheese, spinach, onion, 1/2 cup of Mozzarella, all of the Parmesan, salt, and pepper; blend well and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine tomato sauce, Herbes de Provence and garlic. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the tomato/herb sauce on the bottom of a lightly oiled 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
- Layer about half of the veggie/cheese mixture on top of the sauce, then add more tomato herb sauce and repeat layering until all ingredients are used, ending with tomato/herb sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side; add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and Herbes de Provence are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 401 Calories; 7g Fat; 27g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 17mg Cholesterol; 1574mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!