Slow Cooker Parsnip and Kale Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 cup diced parsnips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Place chicken in a slow cooker; top with parsnips and onion then pour the broth and lemon juice over the top; stir in garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. When chicken is done, stir in kale and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or just until kale has wilted.
- Serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 303 Calories; 3g Fat; 52g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 1093mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!