Show Off Your Mussels
- 3 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5-oz.
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 1/2 pounds mussels well rinsed
- Melt the ghee or coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and stir for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, wine and parsley. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add mussels, cover and steam for 5 to 7 minutes or until they’ve all opened; serve in bowls.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed asparagus on the side; add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 505 Calories; 19g Fat; 49g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 2094mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!