Salsa Verde Lamb
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5-oz.
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 jar salsa verde 16-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lamb chops or use 8 petite lamb chops, 6-oz.
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lamb chops; blend thoroughly.
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour tomato/salsa mixture on top. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At the time of cooking, heat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove lamb chops from marinade (reserving marinade) and grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until the desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Bring the marinade to a boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through and slightly reduced.
- Serve sauce over lamb chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, ground cumin, and chili powder to taste then add chopped cilantro and fluff with a fork). Add steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 500 Calories; 36g Fat; 24g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 928mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!