Orange Rosemary Chicken
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 3 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary crushed
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 large orange peeled and quartered
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan. In a food processor or blender, process remaining ingredients (ghee through onion); pour mixture over the chicken.
- Roast chicken for 30 to 40 minutes then cover it with foil and continue to roast for another 30 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted inside a thigh (don’t let it touch a bone!) registered 165 degrees.
- Serve sliced chicken topped with pan juices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt, and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 878 Calories; 64g Fat; 59g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 270mg Cholesterol; 750mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 8 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 23
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!