Old Thymey Shrimp
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- n a large bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (lemon juice through black pepper); add shrimp and toss to combine well. Place in one (or two, if necessary) large zipper- topped freezer bag(s); seal and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the ghee or coconut in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and add to the skillet; cook shrimp for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with a little melted ghee or coconut oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder). NUTRITION: per serving: 259 Calories; 10g Fat; 35g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 276mg Cholesterol; 726mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!