Italian Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes Roma
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange tomatoes and zucchini on a lightly oiled baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk together half of the garlic, the broth, salt, pepper, and Herbes de Provence; pour half of the mixture over the veggies and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until zucchini is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef with remaining garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat; salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat when done. Remove veggies from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- If desired, whisk together the mayo and basil.
- Wrap beef/veggie mixture in lettuce leaves and serve with mayo/basil mixture if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve beef/veggie mixture in pita bread halves. KOSHER: Use kosher ground beef. Use a non-dairy mayo, or skip. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure broth, Herbes de Provence, and mayo (if using) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 314 Calories; 3g Fat; 13g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 560mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 2
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!