Garlic Steak with Onion and Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese optional Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a large baking dish with olive oil. Place spinach in the baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper; add chicken broth and garlic. Sprinkle chicken with Greek seasoning and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Arrange chicken on top of spinach and evenly top with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and Feta (if desired). Cover the baking dish with foil wrap and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer or until chicken has browned slightly and is cooked through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced English cucumber and plum (Roma) tomatoes on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole-wheat couscous tossed with golden raisins and slivered almonds. KOSHER: Don’t add the optional Feta. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure chicken broth, Greek seasoning, roasted red peppers, and artichoke hearts are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 258 Calories; 4g Fat; 45g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 744mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!