Citrus Basil Baked Chicken
- 3 skinless chicken breast halves 8-oz., bone-in
- 3 skinless chicken legs with thighs 8-oz., bone-in
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly coat a large baking pan with oil. Rub each piece of chicken with oil then evenly rub garlic, basil, salt and pepper into each piece; place in prepared pan. In a small bowl, whisk together juices and pour over the chicken.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and, using kitchen tongs, turn chicken. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, until browned (10 to 15 minutes), basting chicken with pan juices as needed to prevent chicken from becoming dry.
- Serve chicken with pan juices on top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 196 Calories; 4g Fat; 35g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 431mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!