Asian-Style Skillet Flounder
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar optional – for less
- the tanginess and sweeter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger root
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flounder fillets cubed
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, vegetable broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar (if desired), to a smooth paste; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and gingerroot and sauté for 30 seconds. Add carrots and bell pepper and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Add cubed flounder
- and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Give reserved broth mixture a stir and add to skillet; cook and stir until sauce has thickened and flounder is cooked through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free flour. Make sure vegetable broth, vinegar and soy sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 223 Calories; 4g Fat; 34g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 318mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!