Wine Soakin’ Lamb
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5-oz.
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- 4 lamb chops or use 8 petite chops, 6-oz.
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lamb; blend thoroughly.
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour tomato mixture on top then seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At the time of cooking, heat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove lamb chops from marinade (reserving marinade); grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until the desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Place marinade in a large skillet over medium-high heat; whisk for 2 to 3 minutes then reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve sauce over lamb chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and French-cut green beans sautéed in a little ghee or coconut oil and tossed with slivered almonds. NUTRITION: per serving: 534 Calories; 40g Fat; 24g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 596mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 6 Fat. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!