Tale As Old As Thyme Pot Roast
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- Ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5-oz.
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary crushed
- Rub the surface of the roast evenly with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Melt the ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat; add roast and sear on all sides till evenly browned (less than a minute per side); transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; pour mixture over the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced or shredded beef and sauce over Spaghetti Squash “Noodles” (halve squash lengthwise and place on a baking sheet lightly coated with ghee or coconut oil, cut sides down. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Scoop out seeds, then, using a fork, scrape squash of its shell in long, thin (spaghetti-like) strands. Add a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 447 Calories; 27g Fat; 29g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 606mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!