Sweet and Apple Pork
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 2 medium red onions quartered
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 large honey-crisp apples quartered
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place tenderloin in a large slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; blend thoroughly then add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted beets and Brussels sprouts (sliced beets and halve large Brussels sprouts lengthwise; spread on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little melted ghee or coconut oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and bake in a preheated 400-degree oven). NUTRITION: per serving: 579 Calories; 15g Fat; 51g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 165mg Cholesterol; 603mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!