Salsa Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cutlets
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes Roma
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, and pepper; blend well then rub the mixture into both sides of tenderloin cutlets. Place pork on a lightly oiled broiler pan; broil for 4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine next 6 ingredients (lime juice through jalapeno) and remaining garlic in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook, stirring constantly, just until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve each pork cutlet topped with a tablespoon or two of the hot salsa; sprinkle with chopped cilantro and diced avocado.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 247 Calories; 8g Fat; 37g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 463mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!