November Turkey Sneak Peek
- 3 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 4 slices peppered bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast 2 1/2-lb.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chop bacon.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine first 9 ingredients (ghee or coconut oil through lemon zest); rub mixture over the entire surface of the turkey breast then place it on a rack in a roasting pan; pour the vinegar over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until cooked through (a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest the part should read 165 degrees).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and mashed rutabaga. NUTRITION: per serving: 448 Calories; 15g Fat; 72g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 207mg Cholesterol; 1184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 9 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!