Italian Veggie “Casserole”
- 1 pound zucchini chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 4 portabella mushroom caps thickly sliced
- 1 pound tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup thickly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 ounces spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with olive oil (you don't need much!). In a large bowl, combine first 12 ingredients (zucchini through red onion); toss to combine then spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until zucchini is fork-tender and remaining veggies are nicely roasted and slightly browned; return to the large bowl.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the lemon juice and water over medium-high heat. Add the spinach; cook and stir until wilted (1 to 2 minutes); drain well then add to the roasted vegetables and toss to combine.
- Top with grated Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed medley of baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic toast. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 140 Calories; 5g Fat; 8g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 546mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!