Honey Lemon Chicken
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (lemon juice through black pepper).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour lemon/honey mixture on top then seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and add to the skillet; cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add marinade to the skillet and whisk for 2 minutes; reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and steamed baby carrots. NUTRITION: per serving: 228 Calories; 2g Fat; 39g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 346mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!