- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 beef top sirloin steaks trimmed, 6-oz.
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed pineapple drained
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum or use additional beef broth
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper then add to the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium then add the broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add pineapple, brown sugar, vinegar and nutmeg to the skillet; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is reduced into a thick, sweet and tangy pineapple topping. Add rum (or broth) and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve pineapple sauce over steaks.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth, canned pineapple, vinegar and rum (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 289 Calories; 11g Fat; 38g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 163mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!