Coconut Dijon Dipped Salmon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 salmon fillets 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons ghee divided, or use coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- In a small bowl or cup, combine salt, pepper and onion powder; rub all sides of each fillet with spice mixture.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add fillets and sear
- for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Melt remaining ghee or coconut oil in the skillet; add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add
- mustard, coconut milk and wine; whisk for 4 minutes then reduce skillet heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve sauce over salmon.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; fluff with a fork and toss with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt, pepper and curry powder). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 353 Calories; 20g Fat; 35g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 640mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!