Roasted Veggie Penne
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 medium red onion peeled and quartered
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts in water drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 pound Penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with olive oil then place all vegetables in the pan; drizzle with the olive oil then toss with the garlic and Herbes de Provence.
- Roast in the oven for 50 minutes or until tender crisp. When you have about 15 minutes left, prepare the pasta; drain and add the roasted veggies; toss to combine then add the balsamic vinegar if pasta seems too dry (and you want a tangy kick!).
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Caprese Salad (layer sliced tomatoes, sliced Mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leave on Bibb lettuce leaves; sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar). Add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure artichoke hearts, Herbes de Provence and balsamic vinegar (if using) are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 411 Calories; 9g Fat; 13g Protein; 72g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 66mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!