Glazed Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
- Olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Aluminum foil wrap
- 6 whole wheat burger buns split and lightly
- Bibb lettuce leaves optional garnish
- Sliced tomatoes optional garnish
- Sliced red onion optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been lightly coated with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, mustard and honey until well blended; divide this mixture in half - place half in the fridge then brush chicken generously with the other half.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Carefully remove foil and adjust oven setting to BROIL; broil just until the tops of the chicken breast halves are caramelized.
- Serve immediately on toasted burger buns with the reserved half of the sauce and desired toppings.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Spicy Sweet Potato Fries on the side (Peel and cut sweet potatoes into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Use non-dairy mayo. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard and mayo are gluten free. Use gluten free burger buns. NUTRITION: Per serving: 278 Calories; 5g Fat; 30g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 778mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!