Egg Noodles with Spicy Asian Beef
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 18 ounces egg noodles cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (broth through crushed red pepper flakes).
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Add green onions, carrot, garlic and gingerroot; cook for 3 minutes. Add broth mixture and cook until reduced just a tad.
- Add cooked noodles and toss to evenly coat with sauce. (Stir in a few tablespoons of pasta water, if needed, to keep pasta “saucy”.)
- Garnish each serving with chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of beef and vegetable broth instead of beef broth. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure broth and soy sauce are gluten-free. Use gluten-free noodles. NUTRITION: Per serving: 655 Calories; 6g Fat; 26g Protein; 69g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 112mg Cholesterol; 275mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!