Shrimp with Spicy Red Peppers
- 1/4 pound of shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 of red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 of yellow bell pepper chopped
- 4 ounces of spinach to the pan
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1/8 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook 1/4 pound of shrimp in 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (cook on both sides for 2 minutes or until pink and opaque; remove from skillet and set aside). Add 1/2 of a red bell pepper (chopped), 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper (chopped) and add 4 ounces of spinach to the pan; cook and stir until bell peppers are soft and spinach has wilted. Add 1/2 tablespoon coconut cream, 1/8 tablespoon curry powder, a dash of ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon grated gingerroot, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper; stir well to combine. Return shrimp to the skillet and toss to combine with skillet mixture. Serve immediately. Per Serving: 253 Calories; 11g Fat; 27g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 261mg Sodium.
- Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!