Thai Style Chicken Stir- Fry
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- meat cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for 1 hour (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (soy sauce through crushed
- red pepper flakes); add chicken strips and turn to coat completely with marinade; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Slowly whisk brown sugar and cornstarch into marinade and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken strips and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and cooked through; remove from skillet. Add bell peppers and onion to the skillet and stir-fry until tender-crisp.
- Add mushrooms and reserved marinade; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender and sauce thickens; return chicken to the skillet; bring to a simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through; top with chopped cilantro and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some sesame breadsticks. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce and broth are gluten-free. Use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 313 Calories; 9g Fat; 42g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 733mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!