Spinach, Onion, and Cheese Pork Chops
- 6 inches boneless top loin pork chops 1- to 2-thick, 6-oz.
- 8 ounces frozen spinach thawed and VERY WELL drained
- 4 ounces light cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wooden toothpicks OR small skewers
- Olive oil
- Aluminum foil wrap
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, cut a horizontal slit in the side of each pork chop, forming a pocket for stuffing. In a small bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper; spoon mixture evenly into pork chop pockets then secure with toothpicks or skewers.
- Place stuffed pork chops on a lightly oiled metal rack or trivet in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and cover dish with foil wrap; bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until pork chops are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous. Serve pork chops over couscous.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed medley of baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use extra-firm tofu and spoon stuffing mixture over top; adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves instead of pork chops. Skip the cream cheese. GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free couscous. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 345 Calories; 11g Fat; 37g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 515mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!