Pumpkin Lamb Curry
- 1 pound lamb stew meat
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling!, 14-oz.
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5-oz.
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until lamb is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork); add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 692 Calories; 52g Fat; 30g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 228mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 9 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 19
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!