Paprika Rubbed Filets
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 filet mignon steaks 6-oz.
- Ghee or use coconut oil
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients, except steaks and ghee (or coconut oil).
- Lightly coat both sides of each filet with ghee or oil then rub evenly with spice mixture. Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Sear filets for 4 to 7 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture); add steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: per serving: 487 Calories; 39g Fat; 30g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 120mg Cholesterol; 552mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!