Lemon Herb Chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a baking dish. Heat the oil in a small skillet over low heat; add onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary; sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes; transfer mixture to a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish or pie plate. Dip chicken first in onion/herb mixture then in bread crumbs, turning to coat well; transfer to a prepared baking dish and cover with any remaining onion/herb mixture.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed French-cut green beans tossed with a little butter and slivered almonds; add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten-free bread. NUTRITION: per serving: 235 Calories; 4g Fat; 40g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!