It’s Almost Winter Chicken
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast meat cubed
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; blend until tomato paste and
- chicken broth is fully combined.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby carrots and braised kale. NUTRITION: per serving: 355 Calories; 2g Fat; 35g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 528mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrate. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!