Garlic White Wine Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ghee or oil; blend thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At the time of cooking, heat the ghee or oil in a large
- skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp mixture and cook shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque; remove from pan.
- Reduce skillet heat and simmer marinade until the mixture is reduced to your desired thickness. Serve sauce over shrimp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 217 Calories; 9g Fat; 23g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 190mg Cholesterol; 642mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!