- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cups sliced eggplant
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with half of the oil. In a large bowl, combine next 9 ingredients (bell pepper through oregano); blend well.
- Place a layer of eggplant slices in a prepared baking dish then pour half of the tomato mixture over the top. Layer more eggplant, then more sauce; repeat until eggplant and sauce mixture are gone.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic toast on the side. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure tomato sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 144 Calories; 5g Fat; 8g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 1240mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!