Crock Cooker Asian Pot Roast
- Olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans water chestnuts 4-oz.
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 1/2 pounds beef blade roast trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Lightly coat a slow cooker with olive oil; add onion, water chestnuts and baby bok choy then place roast on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, soy sauce, beef broth, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and gingerroot until the sugar has dissolved; pour mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until roast pulls apart easily with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve beef mixture over hot brown rice; add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Substitute beef roast with half shitake mushrooms and half tempeh (cook separately and stir in at the end of cooking time to heat through). Use vegetable broth instead of beef broth. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce, broth and vinegar are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 198 Calories; 5g Fat; 20g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 1999mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!