Bacon-Wrapped Honey Glazed Steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak trimmed and
- cut into serving pieces
- Garlic powder to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 in slices bacon cuthalf lengthwise
- Aluminum foil wrap
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season steaks with garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper; wrap with bacon halves and add to the skillet. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until steaks reach desired level of doneness; transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add broth and vinegar to the skillet; bring to a boil then whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and whisk in honey; serve sauce over steaks.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Russet Fries instead of Turnip Fries (same directions, but don’t peel potatoes). KOSHER: Make sure steak is certified kosher and use soy bacon. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure bacon, broth, and cider vinegar are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 257 Calories; 8g Fat; 35g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 97mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!