Tex Mex Chicken Salad
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- Olive oil
- 15 ounces Romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 can corn drained, 12-oz.
- 8 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno
- 3/4 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat Ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 5 ingredients (paprika through cayenne pepper); add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken on a lightly oiled broiler pan; broil 6 inches from heat source for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together lettuce, corn, black beans, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, and cheese; divide mixture equally on chilled salad plates. In a small bowl, combine Ranch dressing and salsa; drizzle over salads OR serve on the side.
- Cut chicken into strips and arrange on top of salads; serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, cherry tomatoes and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Use your favorite soy cheese. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure canned corn, beans, Ranch dressing, and salsa are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 356 Calories; 10g Fat; 48g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 653mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!