Winter Solstice Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat trimmed and cubed
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker, stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and cinnamon stick before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 419 Calories; 15g Fat; 43g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 623mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!