Turkey and Vegetable Stew
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound turkey breast chopped
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk 14-ounce
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. To the oil, add the turkey and brown for 5 minutes then add the next 4 ingredients (onion through mushrooms).
- Sauté for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are starting to get tender. To the pot, add the remaining 6
- ingredients (coconut milk through thyme), turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover pot.
- Simmer the soup for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and turkey is cooked through.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed salad with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition), and salad veggies over your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad). NUTRITION: 327 Calories; 15g Fat (40.7% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 497mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!