- 3 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs 6-oz.
- 1 leek chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 cups chopped baby button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Melt the ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook until browned on the outside; transfer to a large slow cooker and top with leek, garlic, and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine the next 8 ingredients (mustard through wine); pour mixture over chicken, leek, garlic, and mushrooms. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and transfer juices to a large skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes or until slightly reduced. Whisk in coconut flour than lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes; serve over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 507 Calories; 27g Fat; 52g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 177mg Cholesterol; 708mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!