Sweet and Tangy Broiled Tilapia
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil wrap on a baking sheet and coat it with a little olive oil. In a small bowl,
- whisk together 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice, the melted butter, mustard, vinegar, honey, tarragon,
- salt and pepper.
- Place tilapia on prepared baking sheet and broil for 3 minutes; turn and drizzle with about half of the
- lemon juice mixture. Continue to broil for 3 minutes then turn and drizzle with remaining lemon juice
- Broil for another 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from heat and
- sprinkle with remaining lemon juice; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Instead of fish, use tempeh. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure mustard and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 132 Calories; 4g Fat; 20g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 107mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!