Sun-dried Barbecue Pork
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except pork (tomatoes through black pepper); blend until smooth.
- Place tenderloin in a large slow cooker and pour contents of blender or food processor on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with a little ghee or coconut oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder). Add a big bowl of Spicy Slaw (toss finely shredded cabbage and carrot with a mixture of cider vinegar and raw honey; season to taste with crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper and toss well). NUTRITION: per serving: 295 Calories; 13g Fat; 36g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 647mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!