Slow Cooker Creole Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tip roast trimmed and cut into strips
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup low sodium tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 package frozen okra 10-oz.
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Place beef strips in a slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper then top with onion, celery, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Adjust heat setting to HIGH then add bell pepper, okra and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 to 40 minutes or until okra is done.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add braised collard greens on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 282 Calories; 8g Fat; 39g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 102mg Cholesterol; 211mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!