Shrimp and Spinach Chowder
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 pound shelled and deveined shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk 14-ounce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 3 cups frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, place all the ingredients (leek through salt and pepper) and mix well.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed salad with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition), and salad veggies over your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad). NUTRITION: 219 Calories; 2g Fat (9.8% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 519mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!