Pacific Broiled Fish
- 4 firm-fleshed white fish fillets 4-oz.
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Toast sesame seeds; marinate fish for at least 1 hour (see recipe).
- Arrange fish fillets in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, ginger root, brown sugar, and sliced green
- onion; pour mixture over fish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven broiler. Drain fish, reserving marinade. Bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan and
- simmer until reduced by 1/3.
- Meanwhile, place fillets on a rack coated with a little olive oil then place the rack on a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 3 to 4 minutes; turn and baste with marinade.
- Broil for an additional 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork; baste with remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle fish with toasted sesame seeds.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole-wheat couscous. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 143 Calories; 5g Fat; 21g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 662mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!