Lambs in Peppers
- ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 large bell peppers colors of your choice, tops,
- seeds and ribs removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt a little ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bell peppers (lamb through cinnamon); cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until lamb is cooked through.
- Stuff peppers with lamb mixture then place in a baking dish; bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash, and baby button mushrooms. Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 607 Calories; 41g Fat; 32g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 125mg Cholesterol; 583mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!