Jazzy Pork and Corn
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless top loin pork chops trimmed, 4-oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/4 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can diced green chilies 4-oz.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato seeded
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt; add to pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown on both
- sides; remove from skillet.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium; add onion, corn and diced green chilies and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Stir in water, Worcestershire sauce and thyme.
- Return pork chops to the skillet, pressing them into the vegetable mixture. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning pork and stirring vegetables occasionally until chops are no longer pink in the center.
- Remove chops from the skillet. Stir chopped tomato into corn mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Serve corn mixture with pork.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve braised kale on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed new potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure chilies and Worcestershire sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 219 Calories; 7g Fat; 22g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 293mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!