- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (honey through shrimp); cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove bowl from the refrigerator and add contents to the pan; cook, constantly stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve hot shrimp mixture over a bed of baby spinach. Add Curried Cauli- Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain, toss with a little ghee or coconut oil, curry powder and salt and pepper). NUTRITION: per serving: 277 Calories; 10g Fat; 35g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 259mg Cholesterol; 723mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!