Garlic Basil Chicken
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4-oz.
- In a shallow dish or pie pan, blend together first 6 ingredients (garlic
- through olive oil); coat chicken with this mixture.
- Coat a little olive oil on a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid; add chicken and cook over medium heat
- for 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and a big green salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add roasted baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 162 Calories; 5g Fat; 27g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!