Fiesta Salisbury Steak
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion and taco seasoning mix;
- blend well; shape into 4 patties, each about 1/2-inch thick.
- Coat a little olive oil on a medium skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat until hot. Add beef
- patties and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned on both sides, turning once; drain if necessary.
- Add salsa and barbecue sauce; blend well. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes
- or until beef is thoroughly cooked, turning patties and stirring once or twice.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till
- tender; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure taco seasoning mix, salsa and barbecue sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 331 Calories; 3g Fat; 12g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 527mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!