Barbecue Crock Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- In a slow cooker, combine first 7 ingredients (ketchup through garlic
- powder); add chicken, coating each piece well in the sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred it with 2 forks; return it to slow cooker and blend with the
- BBQ sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve shredded chicken and sauce on lightly toasted whole wheat burger buns. Add a big bowl of coleslaw on the side (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar) and a bowl of raw baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use white beans instead of chicken. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. KOSHER: Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and vinegar are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 178 Calories; 1g Fat; 21g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 893mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!